You Will Need:
• Large bags of Lifesavers. They come individually wrapped in clear plastic.
• Small Circle Labels, I used Vida style in deep red.
I love the lifesavers candies because they are white, and their individual packages are completely clear, with no writing or images on them. A perfect blank canvas! Just affix the labels to the front (and back if you wish) and there you are. This project takes about ten minutes once you have all parts assembled. Or, if you want to use this activity as a vehicle to allow guests to get acquainted, you can do it the morning of the wedding, and it can get extended out to however much time you have.
Guidelines for Simple Gifts:
• Plan ahead. Think about and decide what you want to do well in advance so you can do the shopping portion of the giftmaking along with other errands. Have all materials and ingredients on hand when it is time to make the gift.
• Packaging. Pretty packaging makes any gift special. Arm yourself with a supply of small boxes or cellophane bags and ribbon. We also recommend having your own personalized tags or labels on hand. Use generic wording so they can be used on a multitude of items. For example, mom’s tags and labels say “with love from Grammie.” With no reference to what the item is, they can be used on anything!
• It is not the item itself that is special; it is the idea that you think enough about a person to prepare something personally for them. Sometimes your gift doesn’t even have to be handmade; but hand-assembled. Follow this monthly series and you will see examples of both.
- Small Circle Labels • I chose the “Vida” style in Deep Red.
More Simple Gift ideas from Jeanne….
Shop Our Wedding Collection
• Wedding Invitation Collection
• Wedding Labels
• Wedding Favor Tags
• Wedding Coasters
• Wedding Place Cards
• Wedding CD/DVD Labels
• Wedding Address Labels
• Wedding Bottled Water Labels
• Wedding Mint Tins
• Wedding Favor Ideas
• Favor Packaging
• Gay Weddings
• Entire Wedding Collection