Q. I want to add a photo to Cara or Vida style
A. When you place your order, you will be instructed to upload a photo from your computer. You will instantly see a proof online which you can approve immediately. There is no additional charge to add your photo to these styles.
Q. How should I prepare my image to get the best results?
A. Choose a very good quality photo that will be used at actual size or smaller. Save the file as a tif, jpg or eps at a resolution of no less than 300 pixels per inch. If you have a low resolution image, DO NOT resize it to a higher resolution; doing so does not increase the amount of information in the file. Many images are generated as 72 pixel files which look great on screen, but will appear very grainy or blurry when printed; these low resolution files should not be uploaded to your order.
Q. I want to add a photo to a style that is not Cara or Vida. How should I send it to you?
A. When you place your order, check the "Add Your Photo, Art, or Logo for $25" box on the Order Page, then email us your photo. We will apply your photo or art to each item on your order for which you checked the "Add Your Photo, Art, or Logo for $25" box. Tell us any instructions you have for placement, cropping, or resizing in the special instructions box on the Order Page. There is a non-refundable charge of $25 to add your photo or art to each original. For example, if you order a 3-1/2 inch x 3-1/4 inch label with your art, and you also order a 2-1/4 inch x 3-1/2 inch label with the same art, there would be a non-refundable $25 charge for each item, for a total of $50 for art charges. If you later reorder more of either or both labels - with no changes - you would not have to pay any art charges for the reprints.
To send a file that is ideal for printing, follow these tips:
When scanning art or a photo, scan at a high resolution - at least 300 pixels per inch. Sometimes a file requires additional work; if this is the case we will contact you before proceeding.
When taking a digital photo, make sure the camera is set to large/high resolution (usually 1536 x 2048 pixels), with a compression grade of superfine (highest quality). On most cameras this option will be found in a menu item called "image quality".
Save your file as a jpeg, tiff, gif, pdf, or EPS. Please note that we cannot open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint images. Make sure the image hasn't been compressed into a "thumbnail" image, or shrunk below 3 inches square when it was stored on your computer. Also, the photo or image should not be made smaller for faster transmission by email.
If your email won't allow you to send the image, mail a copy of your art or photo (either on a CD or the actual print for us to scan). Please note that for orders with special requests such as adding photos or art, we cannot offer rush processing.
We will contact you if we have questions, but there is no refund on special request orders such as adding a photo or art.
Making changes to added photos, logos or artwork after you see your proof...
• If you want to change to a completely different photo after a proof has been created, a new $25 art charge will be required.
• If we ask for high-resolution artwork to replace a low-resolution image, there will be no additional $25 art charge to replace the image.
Q. Do you have any art on file that you can add to my items, and how much will it cost?
A. We have an art file of over 100,000 images, and will be happy to search for your request and place it on your item. There is a non-refundable $25 one-time charge to add art from our file, and if your order is over $50 you will receive a free proof for your approval. We will contact you if we have questions, but there is no refund on special request orders such as adding a photo or art. Rush is not available for special requests.
Q. I have a design of my own that I would like to use, instead of one of your styles. Can you print my artwork or photo?
A. Yes, we can produce labels, tags, coasters and cards using your artwork. There is a non-refundable charge of $25 to add your photo or art to a given item. To order an item with your artwork, go to
and follow these easy steps...
1) First, determine what size of item you will need to order. Go to our "Label Shapes and Sizes" or "Tag Shapes and Sizes" pages and choose a shape. The artwork you submit must be sized to the dimensions shown on our web site for the item you are ordering. We cannot print sizes other than those shown on our shapes and sizes pages.
2) To order your custom item, go through the ordering process as if you were ordering one of our designs: click on a style, the size you need, and click on a color. This brings you to the Order Page.
3) On the Order Page, first select the quantity you need. (Exact pricing of the item - before any artwork or other special request charges - is shown when you click on "How Many?" Exact pricing including fees for adding your artwork - will be on the Checkout Page before you finalize your order.)
4) Check the "Add Your Photo, Art, or Logo for $25" box, and email us your artwork or photo. Checking this box alerts our designers that you are sending in artwork or a photo that we will apply to your item. In the special instructions box, let us know that you want your image to entirely replace our art. Be sure that your image is sized to work with the shape you have selected. If applicable, give us any instructions you have for placement, cropping, or resizing in the special instructions box on the Order Page. You will have an opportunity to review electronic proofs of your item prior to printing.
Please send your image file as a jpeg, tiff, gif, pdf, or EPS with a resolution of at least 300 PPI at the size the image is to be used.
If color is important to you, mail us a printed sample or swatch of the color(s) you are expecting. We can produce a very close match, but it may not be exact due to differences between our process and how the color was achieved on your sample. Please note that for orders with special requests, such as adding photos or art, we cannot offer rush processing.
There is a non-refundable charge of $25 to add your photo or art to a given original. We will contact you if we have questions, but there is no refund on special request orders such as adding a photo or art.